• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadow322

• PWNZOR

• Amauros

• Pyro

Great pic, are the crystals yellow instead of green?

Why hasn't someone tries to make a 3x3 2x3 (took a better look at it) custom modle of this for the game?

Or atleast something like this for ORR?

Edited by shadow322

Why hasn't someone tries to make a 3x3 custom modle of this for the game?

I sense a massive disturbance in the polycount.

Also, IDK if custom-sized tile spaces are known about modding.

We'd have to make everything from scratch....everything. And even then, the building couldn't possibly do all the functions in-game that it has from all its buildings.

From what I can tell fro the pic, it just has a mining lazer, and somekinda ore refinory, a small teleporter.

I can't really tell what the thing on the left side of the pic is, it sounds simple, but is it really that hard?

It's a combo of the upgrade station, ore refinery, power station, teleport pad, and mining laser. How on Earth are we going to combine all those buildings and make sure it does all its functions correctly? Not to mention all the files we have to create (they're not the same as the already-made models at all).

It's a combo of the upgrade station, ore refinery, power station, teleport pad, and mining laser.

I don't reallt like the upgrade staition and power station bnoth being on it, they could be just for show instead.

Idea If this is ever working, could it be made so the tunnle transportcan only be made if you have this, like the water vehicals and the docks?

i think the most interesting thing about this set is that the idea of the crane on it (upgrade station) was so they could extract energy crystals form the ore

i think the most interesting thing about this set is that the idea of the crane on it (upgrade station) was so they could extract energy crystals form the ore

There you have it, it wasn't an upgrade station at all, it's more of an EC extracter, which means that in the game, it can just be for show, with just some flashing lights and steam coming off of it.

If I remember correctly, there is 1 cut scene where the HQ is.

Um....other than Chrome Crusher (which, in my opinion, should be more expensive and should be able to carry things), no?

theextractor

it's more of an EC extracter

um, that would be extractor...

i like the idea of having crystals inside certain ore, then all you would gather is ore but then you would have to extract the crystals out of it. might be interesting.

maybe instead of making this one giant building, it could be like a base that you would build your individual buildings on top of. also might be interesting.

Like Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends; I get what you mean.

Hey, addict, mouse; can we implement these two things in ORR?

How do you mean build ontop of it, like place the buildings on it, or upgrade it and it gets higher or something?

Headquarters {
Levels 2
TrackDist 80.0
ProcessCrystal TRUE
ManTeleporter TRUE
ToolStore TRUE
StoreObjects TRUE
Tracker TRUE
CanDoubleSelect TRUE
UpgradeBuilding TRUE
FunctionCoef 1.0:0.5
SelfPowered TRUE
CrystalDrain 1:2
CollHeight XX.X ; unknown values until we figure out the proper distances
CollRadius XX.X
PickSphere XX.X
CostOre 100
CostRefinedOre 10
CostCrystal 6
PowerBuilding TRUE
DamageCausesCallToArms TRUE
OxygenCoef 10.0
EngineSound SND_PowerBuildingHum

ShowHealthBar TRUE
}

Now just mount each building onto it and make an animation for when the HQ upgrades or accepts a crystal or anything else. However, since most of the buildings use a Deposit_Null it might not work as planned. Everything might come out of the same place. The laser will work without fail, I can tell you that much, but raiders might throw crystals into the Teleport Pad portion. It'll take some testing to figure out if this is feasible, but just making the building itself is easy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.