Official email from the developers!

lol username

lol username

So a while back I posted an email from High Voltage Software, where they gave us some info about the Knightmare-Athon shortcut. I sent them a reply, this time asking about the beta screenshots that have been swarming everywhere. And they are looking in to it!

"Hey Jamie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Things have been crazy here planning for E3. I’m going to run these pics by some of the guys and see if they can give me some more information on the game. Give me a bit and I’ll be back in touch.

Sincerely,

Team High Voltage"

I'll let you know what they say!

lol username

Cool! Hope the devs haven't forgotten by now. Any idea what E3 is?

E3? Oh, nothing. Just the best video game convention in the world, that's all. :P LEGO Universe is making a presentation there with live demos.

E3? Oh, nothing. Just the best video game convention in the world, that's all. :P LEGO Universe is making a presentation there with live demos.

Which happens not to be in Australia and... I hope they are giving out lifetime subscriptions for the game because no-one is going to play it at the cost they are charging.

Which happens not to be in Australia and... I hope they are giving out lifetime subscriptions for the game because no-one is going to play it at the cost they are charging.

How much is it , and HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE F&^% E-F*&^ING-3 IS? YOUR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, SO YOU MUST HAVE SOME F*&^ING KNOWELDGE OF THE GAMING WORLD!!!

Sorry JrMasterModelBuilder, lost my cool there...just spent 3 weeks preparing for it...and yelling at the guys who run it for not trying to run it in Australia...

JrMasterModelBuilder

How much is it , and HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE F&^% E-F*&^ING-3 IS? YOUR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, SO YOU MUST HAVE SOME F*&^ING KNOWELDGE OF THE GAMING WORLD!!!

Sorry JrMasterModelBuilder, lost my cool there...just spent 3 weeks preparing for it...and yelling at the guys who run it for not trying to run it in Australia...

E3 eh? I'm wondering the same think. How could I not have heard of it? :?:

LEGO Universe cost USD $39.99 currently for the preorder with which you get 30 days of play. After that, these are the subscription options:

LU_Pricing_EN.gif

Way more than I ever want to pay. Honestly, I can't see it selling that well. I'm glad I'm beta testing it, because there's no way I'd pay 1/2 that much for a video game.

lol username

Live demos? Pshhh. I was in the beta.

I was in the alpha. :P And I have hundreds of screenshots to prove it. I've documented most of the changes the game has gone through. :D

I don't know what E3 is... I thought it was a reference to High Voltage's Quantum 3 game engine. :P

I was in the alpha. :P And I have hundreds of screenshots to prove it. I've documented most of the changes the game has gone through. :D

WOW

When lego universe is out: PLEASE post them somewhere!

I would LOVE to see the game as it was before the beta! :D

lol username

WOW

When lego universe is out: PLEASE post them somewhere!

I would LOVE to see the game as it was before the beta! :D

Don't worry, when LEGO Universe goes live I'll put all 800+ screenshots of the Alpha and Beta tests on Brickshelf and Majhost. I also have several videos. I even have screenshots and videos of some unfinished areas that might not be in the final game! Also, as I am always taking new screenshots, chances are I will have 1000+ LU screenshots by the end of the Beta. I also have most of the soundtrack recorded!

JrMasterModelBuilder

If anyone's interested, at least some of the file formats look fairly ordinary at this point, so it might be mod-able. I don't dare try it, though.

Don't worry, when LEGO Universe goes live I'll put all 800+ screenshots of the Alpha and Beta tests on Brickshelf and Majhost. I also have several videos. I even have screenshots and videos of some unfinished areas that might not be in the final game! Also, as I am always taking new screenshots, chances are I will have 1000+ LU screenshots by the end of the Beta. I also have most of the soundtrack recorded!

\o/

Just wondering: since you were in the alpha, does that mean that you are a member of that "kid's inner circle" thing?

lol username

Yeah, I'm a LEGO Kids Inner Circle member. We get to preview and test things for LEGO, vote on theme names and concepts (We voted on the name for the new castle theme for instance, known today as Kingdoms), send in set and theme ideas, take surveys (You wouldn't believe some of the stuff in those!), and every year or two LEGO sends sets to kids early for testing (For instance, this was before I joined, but I heard LEGO sent about 12 KIC members Power Miners sets months before the official release for testing). We also get exclusive pictures, interviews, new features for the LEGO website, and other stuff. It rocks! :af:

Fluffy Cupcake

I also have most of the soundtrack recorded!

I'm in beta, can you send me your soundtrack recordings please.

Yeah, I'm a LEGO Kids Inner Circle member. We get to preview and test things for LEGO, vote on theme names and concepts (We voted on the name for the new castle theme for instance, known today as Kingdoms), send in set and theme ideas, take surveys (You wouldn't believe some of the stuff in those!), and every year or two LEGO sends sets to kids early for testing (For instance, this was before I joined, but I heard LEGO sent about 12 KIC members Power Miners sets months before the official release for testing). We also get exclusive pictures, interviews, new features for the LEGO website, and other stuff. It rocks! :af:

oh wow!

So how did you gt involved in this?

Did you suddenly get a letter from lego that they liked you to be a member?

Or did you need to sign up somewhere?

• 2 years later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Soooo, did you ever get a response? I presume not.

Btw, does anyone know why there is a blue powerup on Ice Planet Pathway time trial? Was there a planned shield activated shortcut on it like MMM, or a protection from something? (Or is there some existing use for it on that track that I just don't know about...)

I'm pretty sure the blue one is a mistake. I've gone up and down that section of the track a hundred times. There's nothing there. I don't know why there would be a shortcut anyways considering there already is one on the track, which incidentally is one of the most obvious shortcuts in the game.

Well, it's either a mistake, or the developers were trolling. I found that time trial to be particularly hard, and I would have beaten it sooner if the powerup were green, considering there's THREE FREAKIN WHITE BRICKS IN FRONT OF IT. I COULD HAVE WARPED TO THE END AND BEATEN VERONICA, **** IT!

Yeah, it's trolling.The joke's on them, I changed it with the PWB editor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.