Rock Raiders iPhone

Sharkly

The2Banned2One

You have to have an iPhone Developer License to make apps. It's $100 a year and Nexus has already payed for it this year.

He is using the iPhone SDK in XCode to make it.

you should develop it on windows mobile. first its free to develop for Wm. second there are thousands of devices that run Wm. third lrr was designed to run in a windows environment and relies on direct x a Microsoft technology. fourth the G.O.D.S. engine was designed for a windows environment. fifth 96% of the computing marketplace is still owned by Microsoft. lastly Lego will not let you make a profit off their game unless you pay them for the right to use their characters and who knows if they will even go for that they will also want to make sure that their brand is properly represented. From LEGO Group website http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp "In the LEGO Group, we believe that any original product design should be protected against copying for as long as it is produced and marketed. We also believe that designs, company names and trademarks should not be used in unrelated settings without the owner's consent. Each year, our legal department handles hundreds of incidents involving infringement of our rights, keeps track of developments worldwide and regularly brings infringers to court, making sure that consumers can have confidence that anything bearing the LEGO Group's trademarks or characteristic product features is a LEGO brand product....Some of them we can - and do - enforce by legal action"

also you will never get your app on the app store due to crapples tight guidelines on what gets on their app store. also how do you know your app will run on the ifail 4g?

i do wish you luck.

P.S. i own a Zune HD and love it

you should develop it on windows mobile. first its free to develop for Wm. second there are thousands of devices that run Wm. third lrr was designed to run in a windows environment and relies on direct x a Microsoft technology. fourth the G.O.D.S. engine was designed for a windows environment. fifth 96% of the computing marketplace is still owned by Microsoft. lastly Lego will not let you make a profit off their game unless you pay them for the right to use their characters and who knows if they will even go for that they will also want to make sure that their brand is properly represented. From LEGO Group website http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp "In the LEGO Group, we believe that any original product design should be protected against copying for as long as it is produced and marketed. We also believe that designs, company names and trademarks should not be used in unrelated settings without the owner's consent. Each year, our legal department handles hundreds of incidents involving infringement of our rights, keeps track of developments worldwide and regularly brings infringers to court, making sure that consumers can have confidence that anything bearing the LEGO Group's trademarks or characteristic product features is a LEGO brand product....Some of them we can - and do - enforce by legal action"

also you will never get your app on the app store due to crapples tight guidelines on what gets on their app store. also how do you know your app will run on the ifail 4g?

i do wish you luck.

I have not even considered developing it for windows mobile. First I don't have a windows mobile device. Second, I don't care. Third and Fourth, the engine is being totally recreated so it doesn't matter what RR was originally "designed for". Fifth, only because people have warped ideas about apple products, and they criticize everyone who doesn't agree with them. Lastly, I'm not worried about LEGO, I will follow their guidelines, and ask before publishing. I cannot be sued if I ask before publishing, what part of that do you guys not understand? Also, If I have to share the profit with LEGO I'm fine with that. Also, I'm following "crapples" rules as best I can. If they do not except it I will publish it on Cydia. I don't think I will be developing this on WM, I may develop it for Android, later though. I will worry about further issues later, for now It just in the very first development stages.

i do wish you luck.

I have not even considered developing it for windows mobile. First I don't have a windows mobile device. Second, I don't care. Third and Fourth, the engine is being totally recreated so it doesn't matter what RR was originally "designed for". Fifth, only because people have warped ideas about apple products, and they criticize everyone who doesn't agree with them. Lastly, I'm not worried about LEGO, I will follow their guidelines, and ask before publishing. I cannot be sued if I ask before publishing, what part of that do you guys not understand? Also, If I have to share the profit with LEGO I'm fine with that. Also, I'm following "crapples" rules as best I can. If they do not except it I will publish it on Cydia. I don't think I will be developing this on WM, I may develop it for Android, later though. I will worry about further issues later, for now It just in the very first development stages.

like i said i wish you luck.

DrDeath, please stop referring to Apple as Crapple and the iPhone as iFail. First off those are qualitative insults, which are subjective only to those people who share the same qualitative opinion. If you want to talk about why you feel that way about Apple, please make a thread about it in the appropriate place.

Now if you have something quantitative to mention, then I have no problem with that since I've presented some earlier in the thread (but it still should be discussed in its own separate thread). Either way, this thread is to talk about the progress and development of this LRR platform.

---

And who cares if Windows/Micro$oft owns 96% of the computing market place? I hate Microsoft. I'm no fan of Mac's either, but I'd rather have both of them on the market instead of just 1 because then the prices of computers would skyrocket.

DrDeath, please stop referring to Apple as Crapple and the iPhone as iFail. First off those are qualitative insults, which are subjective only to those people who share the same qualitative opinion. If you want to talk about why you feel that way about Apple, please make a thread about it in the appropriate place.

Now if you have something quantitative to mention, then I have no problem with that since I've presented some earlier in the thread (but it still should be discussed in its own separate thread). Either way, this thread is to talk about the progress and development of this LRR platform.

---

And who cares if Windows/Micro$oft owns 96% of the computing market place? I hate Microsoft. I'm no fan of Mac's either, but I'd rather have both of them on the market instead of just 1 because then the prices of computers would skyrocket.

[offtopic]Well...he speakes sense. Except the last paragraph...[/offtopic]

But on topic, how big will the application be? After all, gamers on the iPhone and iPod Touch won't want to purchase a product that takes up half their Hard Drive size!

Also, will there be Beta versions for the RRU community?

Psss...MS couldn't skyrocket the price of actual computers, just the OS. Which would still hurt, but isn't the same thing

I don't know if the Apple Store supports betas, but it would be a good bet that "no" is a decent temporary answer, as there is theoretically no way to limit the downloads to certain users after it's uploaded to the store.

Unless you can load stuff on it via iTunes.

The development is going slow, and unfortunatly I'll be gone foir the two weeks following next wednesday. But hope to pick it back up full force when I get back. I have some great new ideas for RR iPhone/Mac, I don't really think you guys expecting most of it. Anyway, yesterday I was making a few high-poly models for the game with blender/ldraw, and the tunnel transport ended up being 94,111 faces, which would be great if the iPhone could handle it. I'm going to get rid of a few thousand poly with blender. I will be recycling some graphics from the game, but most of them will be redone, with the rest of the engine. I'm going to estimate a release date of 2012, but who knows, it may be sooner. I will let RRU members beta test later, but Ineed their device UDID for that. Yes, I am willing to work for two years if needed, as long as I can impress LEGO, and make a bit of profit.

:( I can't test...I has no jailbroken (parents'll kill me if I do) unless you're uploading the test versions on the app store...

You dont need to jailbreak, I just need your UDID to register your device with apple. After it has been registered I will give you a Provisioning Profile, you can then add to your iTune library, and install the beta.

When the first beta is out I will post a topic with full instructions, for now just wait. First beta won't be out until, the model loader, and map loaders are finished and fully functional. I have not yet decided on a model format. Obj, seems pretty easy to implement, but I does not incude the UV coords.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

LOL Topic Necro of the Highest Order.

It's been over a year since this topic had a post. OVER A YEAR. Seriously, there should be an Achievement for this...

There should also be an achievement for you making an off topic post for some reason I'm thinking it's 2011 :|

• 3 years later...
Fluffy Cupcake

*looks a few posts up*

Nexus gave up on this a long time ago, and is now making TF2 maps.

Someone seems to have reported that it has, yes.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.