Rock Raiders iPhone

Sharkly

Just some images and other information on Rock Raiders for the iPhone/iPad/Mac. Here ore some screenies.

gallery_74_62_8548.pnggallery_74_62_15419.png

gallery_74_62_892.png

I am Currently beginning work on the 3D Map Loader.

It is currently being developed by just me, and The2Banned2One (Connor Y.).

Who else would use such an app? Besides us, no one would pay for a tool that they have no use for. And why would Nexus need to profit from us?

Nice work btw. I wonder if you and Cyrem could work together and make a iFail map creator.

It may be free, It depends on what I can work out with lego. I'd like to make a little profit, maybe payed add-ons. Don't expect it anytime this year. I'm working as fast as I can, but its a huge project to take on. Beta versions will be on Cydia, for those jail breakers out there. I'll post more updates here. Also to clear some things up, this is not just a Map Editor, eventually it will be a fully functional Rock Raiders game.

The2Banned2One

Yes. I'm working on it with him.

There will also be new features such as being to able to download and play other people's maps/levels.

Dont display your ignorance, I am porting the entire game to the iPhone, as well as refining e UI for it.

The2Banned2One

Yes. You obviously aren't reading all of the posts.

We are not just making a map editor/viewer. That would be stupid and a waste of time.

Dont display your ignorance, I am porting the entire game to the iPhone, as well as refining e UI for it.

*quotes*

That...will also take quite a while...and maybe a few lawsuits.

The2Banned2One

*quotes*

That...will also take quite a while...and maybe a few lawsuits.

We're hoping they'll be fine with it. They most likely will. We will make sure to contact them before any releases.

It also is still legal if we use their stuff and state that is not our own and we don't sell it.

For those of you who doubt the iPhone's ability to run Rock Raiders this should help.

Platform: Windows® 98, 2000, Me, XP

CPU: Pentium 200 MHz MMX or faster (Pentium II recommended)

Hard Disk: 200 MB free hard disk space

RAM: 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended)

CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM drive (8X recommended)

Monitor: 640x480 monitor, 16-bit color

Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible sound card & speakers

Optional: none

Other: Mouse, Keyboard, DirectX 6.1 (supplied on CD)

Video: 4 MB PCI or AGP DirectX 6.1-compatible 3D accelerator card (12/16 MB Direct 3D-compatible video card recommended)

The iPhone has much better specs.

It looks super awesome! Good to see we are taking this game to another realm...

It looks super awesome! Good to see we are taking this game to another realm...

Doesn't the iFail have half a gig of ram or something?

Anyways, RR doesn't use right click, does it? Thats convenient, but you DO NEED to implement the click and drag box select thing.

Doc, I HATE MACS (And not Mothers Against Canada, but rather the degenrate "Computer") and I am getting a Windows Mobile soon, but, I do think that IPhone was a half decent phone..

The2Banned2One

The iPhone is awesome. Do not dis on it. Apple is great. They shall dominate the world eventually.

The iPhone is awesome. Do not dis on it. Apple is great. They shall dominate the world eventually.

This is why you are called "The Banned One". You say that again, and there will be World War Five.

Aki Dazrold

This is why you are called "The Banned One". You say that again, and there will be World War Five.

APPLE WILL DOMINTATE THE WORLD

[/to see how he manages to cause enough hell to bypass 3 and 4]

APPLE WILL DOMINTATE THE WORLD

[/to see how he manages to cause enough hell to bypass 3 and 4]

1) Apple is like EA. Had to say it.

2) There was a WWIII and WWIV so go suck it!

Christ in a handbasket, we know some of you hate Apple products but keep your hate out of Nexus' topic. Make a debate topic if you haters wanna hate so much.

We're hoping they'll be fine with it. They most likely will. We will make sure to contact them before any releases.

It also is still legal if we use their stuff and state that is not our own and we don't sell it.

YEAH RIGHT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lego is so picky about people using their stuff. Do you know the reasoning for Retail Blockland having square studs on its bricks instead of circular ones like real Legos have? Part of the reasoning is because the 2x4 brick is a registered trademark of Lego and they told Badspot he couldn't have it in the game if he wanted to sell it. The square studs make it look less like the trademark brick. Whether you sell Lego Phone Raiders or not, the chances of them letting you use the visage of their bricks is slim, same with minifigures. You might want to get an alternate design for your raiders and not put studs on any of your bricks, just in case. Maybe you'll get lucky, who knows?

Hey, I'm personally no big fan of apple products but if others are happy with them then more power to them.

I think it's pretty damn neat that somebody is spending time developing stuff for LRR on any and all platforms, no matter what it might be. Maybe I should write a client for the C64 just for fun?

All this "iFail" stuff and the like is helping nobody and is in fact counter-productive. We have a new programmer happy to do things for and about LRR, stop complaining about his choice of platform.

The2Banned2One

LEGO should want to expand to other devices. Mobile platforms would be great. Porting an old game to a new device would be a good way to start. And we don't care if we don't make a profit from it. We would be fine with just giving it to LEGO and letting them sell it as long as our names are in the credits and we go down in LEGO history.

The2Banned2One

Also... Here is the video that will be shown when the game starts:

http://fraxyhq.com/LRR/RRM_intro.mp4

Comments and Suggestions are appreciated.

I don't like mactops, but I am quite impressed with the Iphone and the Ipad. The Iphone is very user friendly, and has an app for just about everything you might need or want. With 10 hours of battery life, the IPad is great for taking notes in college; unlike my HP laptop which is lucky to get an hour of battery life in performance mode and 2 hours in powersave mode.

----

On another note, Apple creates competition with Microsoft which keeps their monopoly from creating excessively high priced computers (although I still think that computers are overpriced).

----

/Ontopic I hope Lego lets you create this app for the IPhone. I'm thinking about actually getting the I4 that's coming out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.