Lost shortcut in Pirate Skull Pass?

lol username

I ran out of tabs trying to view all the box pics. xD

Well, the one I'm getting is the jewel case packaging, so no box here. Oddly, I saw the same jewel case version being sold at the LEGO Imagination Center at the Mall of America back in... Maybe 2008 or 2009, I think it was? It was quite strange, usually LEGO stores don't sell stuff that old, but they had a full shelf of shrinkwrapped, jewel case 1999 editions of LEGO Racers for sale. And aside from the fact that they were selling a nearly ten year old game, it was the 1999 version, shouldn't they have been selling the 2001 version at that point? I dunno, maybe somebody found an old box of them or something.

EDIT: And yes, I know seeing classic LEGO games at stores today isn't exactly rare (I got my copy of Stunt Rally at Office Max a few years back, of all places, and Half Price Books is usually well stocked on new-in-box LEGO games), but this was the actual 1999 game, and at a LEGO store, and LEGO stores practically never sell any older stuff at all. Their inventories are mostly stuff produced in the past year, which is why I find them selling the 1999 LR1 so strange. You'd at least think they would be selling the 2001 version...

I understand that. I was going to buy LR1/2 in a dual-pack from Office Max, but they removed it from the rack before I could. They replaced it with dual-packs of LI1/2 and LEGOLAND/Creator. Now, they are gone... And you are right, a LEGO store selling original stuff when there was a re-release? I do think someone found an old box and didn't know what it was... On top- of that, my box has an ToysRUs sticker on the bottom. :P

http://willkirkby.me...images/lr1_box/

PM me if you want the higher-res copies.

I think I just might PM you. :P

Oh wow. There are different box printings, because I have a waaay different one than that. RR is his final render, not that ugly one. But the early one is still on the manual. I'll get getting scans of the box and everything in it, and I'll post them here when I do. ;)

COOL LE717! You got your Lego Racers 1 1999 Copy!!! Is it like i described it? I hope you like the game with the trophies! :lol:

In all honesty, I haven't even broken the shrink wrap yet. :P I'm just about to install it, and I will be getting video of it. ;)

• Like 1

lol username

I've been planning on doing a full side-by-side comparison video once my copy arrives tomorrow or the day after that, though I'll be running through the entire game first to check for differences. I've already got some video from the 2001 version recorded...

I've been planning on doing a full side-by-side comparison video once my copy arrives tomorrow or the day after that, though I'll be running through the entire game first to check for differences. I've already got some video from the 2001 version recorded...

Go ahead. As I posted on YT, I've got at least 8 video ideas I want to do. I'm already trying to find time to do them, so I don't know when I'll find time to do video comparing the versions. Besides, your video will be soooo much more interesting than mine anyway... :P

EDIT: Y U HAVE TO LOAD STICKY KEYS IN DA MIDDLE OF DA RACE? :rf:

Edited by le717

Modded Lego

In all honesty, I haven't even broken the shrink wrap yet. :P I'm just about to install it, and I will be getting video of it. ;)

Well when you open it you will have a tun of fun! I am having so much fun with the 1999 version that i haven't played the newer version yet!I hope you have as much fun as I had! :smug:

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Wow, I have a lot to say about this...

Yeah, I'm not surprised that they reprinted the box. In fact, don't even get me started on how many different prints of the same Humongous games I've seen... and that's just counting the jewel cases.

I love how companies leave their old PC games in print, despite how incompatible they can get with modern computers. Alpha Team was in print during all the years Windows XP was commonplace. How do you manage that? In fact, a lot of the Living Books games have remained in print as well (anybody else remember those?). That's even more stupid, because they've aged pretty badly with modern computers, not to mention the older games are 16-bit >_>

Also, what on Earth happened to Basil's car in that picture?

Also, what on Earth happened to Basil's car in that picture?

Good question. It's the same way on mine.

My box is a re-release, as some of the renders are different, and the layout and pictures are different. It even has a different slogan below the log on the front. I'm trying to get scans of it, but the box is kinda crushed, and it keeps coming out blurry...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.