Lego Island 2 Discussion

lol username

Fluffy Cupcake

I have the re-release from Encore, the same doofs who gave us the saving glitch in IXS.

Speaking if IXS, I'm kind of interested in know what some of you guy's IXS disc looks like, because mine doesn't have the saving glitch to my knowledge from when I played it.. idk how many years ago now.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a gem wherever something is scapped. For example there is a gem in tribe where the dancing mini game was supposed to take place and out side the entrance to the secret dessert area there is a gem.

If it helps, I have this disk:

lego-island2-slv.jpg

I haven't heard the Dr. Pepper line in it, but then again, I wasn't really paying attention.

Mine is the same but with a blue background.

• 3 weeks later...
lol username

I remember that happening to me a few years ago, though I didn't have any recording software at the time. I've got no idea what causes it, but there is a similar glitch in Island Xtreme Stunts, I once saw the Brickster's hair floating above the water in Wave Catcher, and another time I saw a ? card floating above the water while roaming the island (it didn't do anything when I walked into it). Strange stuff...

• 1 month later...

The game was rushed which is why there are so many glitches and why a ton of stuff was scrapped.

And what is the excuse for the bad voice acting, weird models and boring plot?

The game was rushed which is why there are so many glitches and why a ton of stuff was scrapped.

It's a lego game.

It's a lego game.

Thank you for stating the obvious. I would have preferred that you actually try to answer my question, though. What was the point in even quoting me if you were just going to ignore my question and say something random?

Low budget (and the previous voice actors were either dead or "I'm not working on that again, I only just completed therapy), a new modeling program which they were inexperienced with and unknown...I assume they took away the LSD from the developers, and that made everything kind of settle down.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I've been wondering that since I was like 8 and first played this game. No clue, my guess is that it was some minigame they put in, and got rid of (maybe because the adventurers area was WAY TOO BIG as it is). Either that or it might be that there was supposed to be a jewel or some kind of bonus object inside.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

@legonat While all of us here at RRU appreciate how you are trying to be very active in the community, we have a saying which goes "don't annoy McJobless". This saying covers two common occurrences on RRU, lack of pants, and posting in old (and long dead) topics. This incident here is one of the latter. In the future, before you post, please check the date of the last post (which can be seen in the gray bar above the body of the post). In this case, the previous post in this topic was posted on 20 June 2012, over two years ago. In the future, please try to avoid posting in old topics unless you have something significant to add or an update on the subject. Thank you!

That said, I'll make exceptions for posts like this one that try contribute *something* and are fairly substantial. This post is okay :)

ONTOPIC:

Sounds like a budget/time constraint issue. Maybe they were forced to use different tools or team-members. Maybe they took feedback from the first game in a negative way.

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2010 at 4:53 PM, Terrev said:

Messing around in LI2 and found this:

11-2010-05-05-15-12-45.png

15-2010-05-05-15-12-50.png

4-2010-05-05-15-12-36.png

32-2010-05-05-15-13-15.png

As far as I know, nobody else has found this before (Or at least, they haven't said anything about it online). I have tried a ton of things, and can't get the door to open, yet as you can see there is a large room beyond it. Got any ideas on how to get through? Cheats, maybe? It reminds me of the secret cave you can unlock when you beat the game...

My best guess would be that this was part of the environment at some point. The open sarcophagus would have a gem in it perhaps. Maybe the devs were just like, "alright, lets cut some stuff out of Adventure Island, it's too massive as it is," and just happened to leave this room behind, albeit unreachable.

Fluffy Cupcake

Bumpity bumpity. Huge image quoting no-no and bumping a 2 year inactive topic with nothing too incredibly contributive. Although you weren't around during the discussion and I can understand the sadness of not being able to publicly discuss it with anyone no more because of it.

If you haven't seen it yet, I have a video where I get in there via modding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ft9-xqp2k

(wow that video is 6 years old...)

lol username

Yeah uh that's kinda been the consensus for the past six years lol (though I'd suspect it was cut due to how the camera really doesn't like being in such a confined space and clips through the walls horribly)

11 hours ago, Xiron said:

Bumpity bumpity. Huge image quoting no-no and bumping a 2 year inactive topic with nothing too incredibly contributive. Although you weren't around during the discussion and I can understand the sadness of not being able to publicly discuss it with anyone no more because of it.

If you haven't seen it yet, I have a video where I get in there via modding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ft9-xqp2k

(wow that video is 6 years old...)

Yup, I've seen it. I did it myself actually.

• 1 month later...
lol username

Also, butterflies follow you if you press shift near them, and window shutters open/close.

Sadly, the space bunnies on Ogel Island don't do backflips. :c

1 hour ago, Terrev said:

space bunnies

I'm mildly upset that my brain does not remember this at all from all the times I've played LI2

mumboking
1 hour ago, Pereki said:

I'm mildly upset that my brain does not remember this at all from all the times I've played LI2

:3

ChileToast
56 minutes ago, mumboking said:

There's just something funny about this:

large.572949a81eafa_LI2GTX970.jpg.95e7ae

I'm still kicking myself for trading in a GTX 970 for a Radeon R9 380 card, which doesn't feature support for XP, the OS I'd love to have in order to run these old games..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.