Lego Island 2 Discussion

lol username

Wow, jamesster, its nice to see you've been able to put my programs to good use!

Heres a little something I just thought I'd share, I've made some blank intro videos for LI2.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/99f8xi75tq6pt32/blankintro.zip

Just override the .mpg files in the LI2 _data\FMV\ folder with the ones in the .zip file. (Make sure to back up the original files!)

Doing this should make loading the game faster, since you wont have to sit through the unskippable LEGO intro, and you wont have to manually skip the Silicon Dreams and LI2 Intros.

Wow, jamesster, its nice to see you've been able to put my programs to good use!

Heres a little something I just thought I'd share, I've made some blank intro videos for LI2.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/99f8xi75tq6pt32/blankintro.zip

Just override the .mpg files in the LI2 _data\FMV\ folder with the ones in the .zip file. (Make sure to back up the original files!)

Doing this should make loading the game faster, since you wont have to sit through the unskippable LEGO intro, and you wont have to manually skip the Silicon Dreams and LI2 Intros.

Cool idea for the videos, I'll try it out! Also, I'm now in contact with Wes Jenkins, the creator of LEGO Island and the guy who wrote the story for LI2 - it's awesome! I'm planning on asking him about the unused sound clips - he wrote the story, so he should know if there were any scrapped elements (Such as extra fights against Mr Hates and Cedric on Ogel Island).

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm now in contact with Wes Jenkins, the creator of LEGO Island and the guy who wrote the story for LI2 - it's awesome! I'm planning on asking him about the unused sound clips - he wrote the story, so he should know if there were any scrapped elements (Such as extra fights against Mr Hates and Cedric on Ogel Island).
Awesomeness! :af:

Edit: has anyone noticed that the topic is totally of topic of

Secret desert area in LI2! Adventurers Island secret area found!
now? Do you think either:

1. A new topic should be made. (I know that all the modding for LI2 is already in this topic)

2. The topic title should be changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a few unused models - a fence, and a turban. Yes, a turban. Kinda like the black headgear on those minifigs in the new Prince of Persia sets. I also extracted the 3D model for Adventurers Island - it looks pretty different when you can see all of it at once! Screens coming soon.

Found a few unused models - a fence, and a turban. Yes, a turban. Kinda like the black headgear on those minifigs in the new Prince of Persia sets. I also extracted the 3D model for Adventurers Island - it looks pretty different when you can see all of it at once! Screens coming soon.

Awsome!!! Its so cool you and Segatendo have been able to do so much with LEGO Island 2!

Jamesster, I read your post on BZPower about the missing archive files! That was totally ingenious of you! I never would have thought of the holes in the archive numbers might relate to unfinished levels.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that the LEGO Island 2 .exe file seems to have lots of references in it to the game archives, if you open it with a hex editor and search for something like 'z02LGI', you'll find that string embeded in the binary code.

So I decided to searched the .exe for all the numbers of the missing archives, and I found a part of the .exe that has what seems to be a list of all the archives files.

Heres all the listed archives.

z00FRE

z01BPK

z03PPH

z04IFC

z05WAB

z08BKD

z09JST

z10RGB

z15SSH

z17WAS

z18MMP

z20DSP

z21FSH

z22BIP

z27TRX

z28HAT

z29PAI

z30PLI

z36CNT

z38PAR

z39ASB

z40APO

z41MAP

z42BRP

z50LTC

z90ADV

z90CAS

z90DIP

z90OGL

z90OSD

z90PSX

z90PYA

z91PSX

z92PSX

z93PSX

Its not the same as the final game archives, since some archives like FRE and OGL have different numbers.

I'm particularly interested in z29PAI and z30PLI, since there numbers correspond to missing archives.

And Segatendo: Your right, we have kind of gotten of topic, Is it possible to change the topic title?

Legomoe

I don't know what PAI and PLI stand for, but I'm nearly 100% sure one of them is the missing dancing minigame. After you beat Mr Hates, the gate to the tribe's village opens, but the only thing there is a gem. But with the script for the dancing game that seemingly took place there, and the fact that there are missing files there, I'm sure that the minigame would have happened right then. Also, in the Game Boy Advance version...

Skip to 2:10. The GBA version also has many other minigames the PC and PS1 versions do not. I'll take a better look later to see if they match up with the missing files.

Fluffy Cupcake
And Segatendo: Your right, we have kind of gotten of topic, Is it possible to change the topic title?
Only the creator of the topic or a mod/admin can change the title. But I see Jamesster went ahead and did it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is off-topic, but just in-case anybody is interested, I was fooling around and created an extractor for LEGO Alpha Team .pac archive files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?04fnvgd5a0gwkkn

EDIT: Oops, sorry, theres a bug I didn't catch, give me a little while and I'll upload a fixed version.

I made a topic for this:

• 5 months later...

Umm... I'm trying to download the modding software, but it keeps on saying that the file is deleted or something... I REALLY want to mod LI2, so... Help?

lol username

Mediafire deletes files if nobody downloads them every 30 days. I've re-uploaded them:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0nmpdxj1881h7hn/LI2Explorer.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3palvkdrc0rztq9/msh%20Converter.zip

The first is the .bob/.bod extractor/rebuilder, the second is the program that converts .msh to .obj.

• 1 month later...

Legomoe, you need to reupload your bod/bob extractor.

Alright, I've re-uploaded all the files I still have. (A big thanks to jamesster to saving the LI2Extractor files, I'd lost my copy of them.)

LEGO Island 2 Bod/Bob Explorer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/34oy5quwy5qtsc4/LI2Explorer.zip

LEGO Island 2 Msh to Obj Converter: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l9287ae39gb97kd/msh%20Converter.zip

LEGO Alpha Team Pac Tools: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v4c15spq7hy6k5h/PACTools.zip

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, I've re-uploaded all the files I still have. (A big thanks to jamesster to saving the LI2Extractor files, I'd lost my copy of them.)

I actually still have the explorer. Someone commented on my Youtube video of getting into that unused area in the desert, where I provided a link to the explorer, and the commenter said it wasn't working, so I quickly checked and knew it needed to be reuploaded.

• 9 months later...
SpyboticsAgent

Question: Were multiple versions of LI2 created?

The reason I ask is that my copy of LI2 included the enabled Dr. Pepper joke. I didn't realize it didn't exist in all copies of LI2.

lol username

Question: Were multiple versions of LI2 created?

The reason I ask is that my copy of LI2 included the enabled Dr. Pepper joke. I didn't realize it didn't exist in all copies of LI2.

Could you get a video of it?

SpyboticsAgent

Certainly. I will do so later today. (I can't at the moment, as I am away from my computer, typing this on an iPad.)

EDIT: It may take me until tomorrow. I didn't realize how long it's been since I last played LI2, and I have to install the game, get back through the pizza delivery phase, and back through Castle Island before I can record the scene (unless you know of a cheat to get me there faster).

Also, one other glitch occurs with my version of the game: The Bi-Plane minigame never shows up in Pepper's computer, nor do I receive the trophy for the Bi-Plane, even though I have beaten it and the entire rest of the game. However, since it lists the Bi-Plane as uncompleted, I can never achieve 100% completion.

Certainly. I will do so later today. (I can't at the moment, as I am away from my computer, typing this on an iPad.)

EDIT: It may take me until tomorrow. I didn't realize how long it's been since I last played LI2, and I have to install the game, get back through the pizza delivery phase, and back through Castle Island before I can record the scene (unless you know of a cheat to get me there faster).

Also, one other glitch occurs with my version of the game: The Bi-Plane minigame never shows up in Pepper's computer, nor do I receive the trophy for the Bi-Plane, even though I have beaten it and the entire rest of the game. However, since it lists the Bi-Plane as uncompleted, I can never achieve 100% completion.

My game has the same Bi-plane glitch but it will, however, show up once in Pepper's computer, but when you play it and leave it again you can't get back into it before you restart the game. I'll have to check if my game game have the "Dr. Pepper" part then. I can't remember if the trophie was there, though.

I have only noticed this topic yesterday, but I have read through it and it is certainly very interesting. That cave in space mountain have always been bothering me...

SpyboticsAgent

Interesting.....

A Google search didn't turn up very many images of a Lego Island 2 CD that looks like mine, either. Most of them looked quite different.

MCHover, what does your LI2 disc look like?

Interesting.....

A Google search didn't turn up very many images of a Lego Island 2 CD that looks like mine, either. Most of them looked quite different.

MCHover, what does your LI2 disc look like?

It is grey on the top and bottom edges. It is a re-release for XP, I think.

If it helps, I have this disk:

lego-island2-slv.jpg

I haven't heard the Dr. Pepper line in it, but then again, I wasn't really paying attention.

SpyboticsAgent

Mine looks similar. The main differences are in the lower-right quarter of the disc: mine has the Silicon Dreams logo, but higher. Everything else in the lower-right quarter of the disc (the EA text, Compact Disc logo, LEGO logo and ESRB rating) is replaced by a LEGO Media logo.

I'll see if I can get a picture of it after I get through with brick diving....

Ah, when I said it looked like that, I hadn't looked closer at it. >.<

mine has the Silicon Dreams logo, but higher. Everything else in the lower-right quarter of the disc (the EA text, Compact Disc logo, LEGO logo and ESRB rating) is replaced by a LEGO Media logo.

The disk you are describing there is exactly like mine.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I have the re-release from Encore, the same doofs who gave us the saving glitch in IXS. I don't have the Dr. Pepper joke, though, and I can confirm it thanks to that walkthrough I made about a year ago. It does have some oddities regarding the Bi-Plane minigame though. I remember it never allowed me to replay it, but I think I got the trophy. That minigame was badly programmed in so many ways...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.