Lego Island 2 Discussion

lol username

lol username

Messing around in LI2 and found this:

11-2010-05-05-15-12-45.png

15-2010-05-05-15-12-50.png

4-2010-05-05-15-12-36.png

32-2010-05-05-15-13-15.png

As far as I know, nobody else has found this before (Or at least, they haven't said anything about it online). I have tried a ton of things, and can't get the door to open, yet as you can see there is a large room beyond it. Got any ideas on how to get through? Cheats, maybe? It reminds me of the secret cave you can unlock when you beat the game...

JrMasterModelBuilder

I'll have to install the game again sometime next week to check it out, but it's definately worth a look! It wouldn't be the mini-game where you run out of the temple would it? I haven't played it in a while, so I don't remember how it looked.

lol username

I'll have to install the game again sometime next week to check it out, but it's definately worth a look! It wouldn't be the mini-game where you run out of the temple would it? I haven't played it in a while, so I don't remember how it looked.

No, that was loaded separately and plus, it was a different building on the other side of the map...

JrMasterModelBuilder

No, that was loaded separately and plus, it was a different building on the other side of the map...

O.K. BTW, this is the PC version, right?

lol username

O.K. BTW, this is the PC version, right?

Yes. This is the PS1 version:

li2_desert_ps1.png

TheDoctor

For some reason my computer doest want to show the pictures. Can you use the gallery for them please?

lol username

For some reason my computer doest want to show the pictures. Can you use the gallery for them please?

Sure, here is the folder thingy.

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/gallery/album/61/52-lego-island-2/

TheDoctor

I saw them as you were uploading them.

Ah games and their love of sticking the camera through walls.

...So... they originaly planned to place something there as a different mission?

First LR1 Knightmarathon, now this!

I (think) know what this. If that is the door you come out of in that mummy game with the mummy matching and you get chased with giant stone (Indiana Jones reference) then that is the dummy room of that place. If you punch through the wall in the car road were you go to the oasis, you will see the dummy course. If you punch through the wall where you do the race against the snakes you will see that dummy course. Any objections?

*looks at images better*

This appears to be a dummy room for the exit of the mummy match thing I mentioned above.

If it were a dummy room and if it were unrelated to that door, it wouldn't make much sense to stick it right behind that door and cut it off like that. If that's the door where you come out of the mummy match, then it makes sense, but apparently this door is unopenable and the room is physically disconnected from the door. If you have pictures of the mummy match dummy room, the door you come out of, etc., we can figure out if this is related or not. But based on position alone it would probably be an unused room since dummy rooms in other games tend to be out of the way, like in the sky or deep underground (with high adventures) and loading-point rooms tend to have floors connecting them to the door.

You don't get what I'm saying. That room there is an exit to the room. Google ancient Egypt tomb plans or ancient Egypt pyramid plans and you will see they have an entrance room like that.

I meant dummy room as in a prop, not an actual level.

So that is the exit, then alright. But I meant dummy room as in the little bit you see as you open the door, the character walks in, and the game loads the next section while sometimes fading to black. Think of the Black Rooms of Death behind the key doors in Super Mario 64. If you open the doors you see part of a room. If you physically go behind the door you see just a staircase or just a bit of floor and nothing else. Those types of rooms only make sense if the floor is connected to the door so the character can actually walk across the threshold.

So in this case the room is entirely different. But I don't know what you mean in saying that the room is a prop.

Grrr...oh well.

In super Mario 64 DS (if you have it) what is the blank character door next to the secret slide level? If I use a, action replay I can unlock it but as soon as I go in, the character screams and runs out. What is this place?

Sorry I switched topics.

Another way you can tell that's a prop room is that the walls and objects in it have not so think walls. Also the passage is too narrow to let the camera properly to view everything. This might be that the programmers got bored and just put it in for fun :D

lol username

Personally, I don't think this is related to the mummy minigame. That game takes place clear across the map in a different building. I also don't think this is some sort of prop, why make a prop in an area the player would not normally see (in this case, behind a wall)? I don't know exactly what purpose this serves/was going to serve, but I don't think this is a prop in any way. There is a door there, and a passage behind it. In order for a player to see it normally, there must be a way to open that door. We do know that LI2 had lots of unused content, such as unused voice clips (Check out the scrapped Darth Vader spoof!). Maybe this is some sort or scrapped minigame? Or maybe the mummy minigame was gonna take place here at one point? Who knows...

Like I said, programmers get bored and add random stuff to games. People never really care about these hidden "easter eggs" and so they keep them. Now maybe if we could crack this cookies program we could see if anything playing-wise was taken out in the beta. Take Rock Raiders for example. We all know how there is all this good stuff they kept out that they had in the beta. Luckily we have people here who are smart enough to know how to enable these missing objects.

lol username

I doubt this was put in just for fun. Like the hidden secrets in LRR, I think this was planned for something, some sort of feature, that was scrapped. We know LI2 has many hidden audio files - I see no reason why this couldn't simply be a scrapped feature. Wait, who says this was scrapped? Maybe this can be opened somehow...

Hack the game. Another idea is that this is Pepper's home when he visits that world. Each world could have a hidden Pepper home with secrets inside. BETTER! Inside it has hint for getting into secret cave in the mountain.

lol username

Hack the game.

Wait a minute. Somebody on BZPower said they extracted textures from the game with a program... Could that program be Game Extractor? Also, if we could extract the game files, maybe we could mod the game...? Hold on, I gotta try this.

EDIT: Darn it, GE wasn't able to do it....

lego island 2..

..the game which I finished, and never played again, since its friggin loading times are probably ust as long as you'd play the level.

RockmoddeR

Haha same. Also, what's the cave for in Lego island 1, where the weird pirate guy tells you weird stuff? Another thing: What kind of files can GE extract, I might need it >_>

• 3 weeks later...

Hack the game.

Wait a minute. Somebody on BZPower said they extracted textures from the game with a program... Could that program be Game Extractor? Also, if we could extract the game files, maybe we could mod the game...? Hold on, I gotta try this.

That Someone would be me. And Although Game Extractor is a very nice tool, it sadly does not work with LEGO Island 2 files.

However, I have created a program that CAN extract content from LEGO Island 2 bod/bob archives.

If anyone is interested in it, I've uploaded it to Mediafire, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/34oy5quwy5qtsc4/LI2Explorer.zip

Just remember the usual things like that I take no responsibility if you screw your computer up using it, etc, and that I'm not affiliated with the LEGO Group, etc, etc... Read the README.txt included in the zip file for all the disclaimers and notices.

lol username

Hack the game.

That Someone would be me. And Although Game Extractor is a very nice tool, it sadly does not work with LEGO Island 2 files.

However, I have created a program that CAN extract content from LEGO Island 2 bod/bob archives.

If anyone is interested in it, I've uploaded it to Mediafire, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zujymnvytij

Just remember the usual things like that I take no responsibility if you screw your computer up using it, etc, and that I'm not affiliated with the LEGO Group, etc, etc... Read the README.txt included in the zip file for all the disclaimers and notices.

Long time no chat, Legomoe! :) I'll try out the program and let you know how it works!

EDIT: Messing around with it now. Great work! Trying to find the desert area...

Fluffy Cupcake

Nice program. I just had a idea to make Lego Island in snow. Since the textures are found in the files. It would take a lot of work though.

@jamesster, checking the sounds files should help you find which area is the desert area.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.