Photo

Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

ties125

Shouldn't that be x86 instead of 86x?

Also,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

:o I Cant believe it! It worked! Thanks man :D. Also, your videos are good :)

visualtic

visualtic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have copied the path exactly for my shortcut, but it still says I need CD-rom. I have read the previous posts on this thread, but didn't get a definitive answer. Any suggestions? Is it the fact that I have the copy of IXS with the blue cover with the brickster?

Xiron

There are several people in this topic that the no-cd does not work for. There is however

to get it working for those people...

visualtic

visualtic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm not entirely certain what I am supposed to do with the Lunar IPS. Do I run it and select a certain file? Sorry, I'm really new at doing this and haven't figured out how to do anything. Thanks for the super fast reply grasshopper. Everyone here seems to be really chill and know their stuff.

Xiron

You read over the instructions AND viewed the cooresponding images right? It should be pretty straightforward.

Otherwise, just open the Lunar IPS program, and hit the button that says "apply IPS patch" and the 'certain file' you have to select is the patch file (which you still have yet to get). If you don't know how or where to get the patch, I suggest you re-read over the linked topic again.

Yeah, we can be pretty chill around here. Though there are some crazy moments once in a while. ;P

visualtic

visualtic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the help. When I try to apply the patch to game.exe, it says "Couldn't open file for writing." Any suggestions?

Xiron

Either try running as admin or temporally moving the Game.exe out of the game folder while you apply it if it is under Program Files, as that area is high priority area.

visualtic

visualtic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I just had to take it out of its folder and then onto the desktop. Thanks for all of the help, finally got one of my favorite games from when I was young working. :lol:

legonat

legonat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Tried it. When I hit the game icon, nothing happens. When I try the default start icon, it says I need the disc. T.T

Pereki

Pereki

Tohunga

• Community Assistants
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Tried it. When I hit the game icon, nothing happens. When I try the default start icon, it says I need the disc. T.T

I believe this method doesn't work in all situations - my Windows 7 laptop still wouldn't run the game diskless even after I had done everything properly. It may just be you got unlucky.

Xiron

When I try the default start icon, it says I need the disc. T.T

You can give the patch a try (talked about several times in this topic). That usually fixes it.

• Pereki thanked this