Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc

Cyrem

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

OS release version and packs?

You're gonna hate this...

Windows 8 Core (read: not Pro), 64-bit, no admin rights or compatibility modes.

It probably also has something to do with my copy...

Again, I think it is my copy. I tried it on my laptop (Win8) with the CD again, and it crashed on the first cutscene (like before). I installed it on the family PC (Win7) this morning and tested it: With CD, crashes on the first loading transition after I clicked New Game. No-CD: Works perfectly.

Fluffy Cupcake

Could it be the game has a problem reading from the disc? Cause gameplay seems fine/crashless when it can get past the loading freezing, from what I've seen so far.

• 1 year later...
Shadowblaze
When i entered the right path, i get a error message saying : Cant find C:. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Calm down, no need to be so mad for that. You have certainly done something wrong, and you didn't pay enough attention when doing this. Maybe you should check the path twice. Are you sure the directory you installed the game in is C:? Also, did you copy the folders?

When i entered the right path, i get a error message saying : Cant find C:. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Calm down, no need to be so mad for that. You have certainly done something wrong, and you didn't pay enough attention when doing this. Maybe you should check the path twice. Are you sure the directory you installed the game in is C:? Also, did you copy the folders?

I Copied the folders cd and cdc and placed them in the Island Xtreme Stunts Map, Checked the right path, And the game is installed in C: Program Files (86x)

I Copied the folders cd and cdc and placed them in the Island Xtreme Stunts Map, Checked the right path, And the game is installed in C: Program Files (86x)

So, the target now says:

"C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme StuntsGame.exe" "C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscd" "C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscdc"

?

So, the target now says:

"C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme StuntsGame.exe" "C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscd" "C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscdc"

?

Yes!

grappigegovert

Judging by the error, it looks to me that you've forgotten to put quotes around the path.
Make sure it says "C:Program Files (86x)restofpath" instead of just C:Program Files (86x)restofpath.

Judging by the error, it looks to me that you've forgotten to put quotes around the path.

Make sure it says "C:Program Files (86x)restofpath" instead of just C:Program Files (86x)restofpath.

What quotes?

What quotes?

"C:Program Files (86x)restofpath"

See the quote marks (the " thing)? You need to put the file path in between two of those if your file path has any spaces.

So, instead of:

C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme StuntsGame.exe C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscd C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscdc
You should have:

It's a very minor difference but it makes a big difference.

What quotes?

"C:Program Files (86x)restofpath"

See the quote marks (the " thing)? You need to put the file path in between two of those if your file path has any spaces.

So, instead of:

C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme StuntsGame.exe C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscd C:Program Files (86x)LEGO InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stuntscdc
You should have:

It's a very minor difference but it makes a big difference.

The good shortcut path makes my pc say : Cant find file C:

Shadowblaze

The good shortcut path makes my pc say : Cant find file C:

:| Have you splitted the thing he wrote in two parts, like it's supposed to be , or did you just paste the whole thing in? I don't know if you noticed, but in there there's a space, mid way through, along with a couple quotes.

Car CrazeXVI

Are you sure it's installed on drive C:? All I can think of is that your hard drive letter is something other than C.

Are you sure it's installed on drive C:? All I can think of is that your hard drive letter is something other than C.

Or, installed to a different folder on the C: drive...

ties125, can you take a screenshot of the folder where the .exe is, including the path? That will help us.

Or, installed to a different folder on the C: drive...

ties125, can you take a screenshot of the folder where the .exe is, including the path? That will help us.

Here are the pictues :

'>

'>

'>

What's the crack archive?

Also, can you take a screenshot of the properties window so we can see what you put into target path?

BTW, you know that you don't need to use a camera, right? You can just press your Print Screen key, paste it into Paint and upload that, or use a program like Lightshot.

What's the crack archive?

Also, can you take a screenshot of the properties window so we can see what you put into target path?

BTW, you know that you don't need to use a camera, right? You can just press your Print Screen key, paste it into Paint and upload that, or use a program like Lightshot.

1 : Idk. But the files i found into the crack.RAR are : go.bat and makebat.exe.

2 '> (Sorry if you cant read it, im dutch)

3 Thanks for the tip! I made the picture with the printscreen button and paint. :)

• 3 months later...

I have copied the path exactly for my shortcut, but it still says I need CD-rom. I have read the previous posts on this thread, but didn't get a definitive answer. Any suggestions? Is it the fact that I have the copy of IXS with the blue cover with the brickster?

I'm not entirely certain what I am supposed to do with the Lunar IPS. Do I run it and select a certain file? Sorry, I'm really new at doing this and haven't figured out how to do anything. Thanks for the super fast reply grasshopper. Everyone here seems to be really chill and know their stuff.

Fluffy Cupcake

You read over the instructions AND viewed the cooresponding images right? It should be pretty straightforward.

Otherwise, just open the Lunar IPS program, and hit the button that says "apply IPS patch" and the 'certain file' you have to select is the patch file (which you still have yet to get). If you don't know how or where to get the patch, I suggest you re-read over the linked topic again.

Yeah, we can be pretty chill around here. Though there are some crazy moments once in a while. ;P

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.