Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc

Cyrem

Got my copy of Island Xtreme Stunts today I made this.

Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc is quite simple actually. By default the game keeps all it's data on the game disc. So doing this will make it run without the disc.However you will need the disc to copy data from.

1. On the disc, copy the folders titled 'cd' and 'cdc'. You'll find these in the "LIXS" folder on the disc.

2. Paste these folders in the directory you installed the game to.

3. Create a shortcut to 'Game.exe'. This is the LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts executable.

4. Open the properties of the shortcut and change the target to:

"C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\Game.exe" "C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\cd\" "C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\cdc\"

Of course you will need to adjust this to the location on your computer. But the basic format is <Game exe path> <cd folder path> <cdc folder path>. You'll have to make sure you write ou the full path like above because when I tried a relative path the game just froze.

And that's it. Enjoy.

It seems to work for me :)

Now I just need to get rid of this error message.. :/

Erm, usually that comes up for me if I run 'FindDisc.exe" or a shortcut made by the installer.

• 2 years later...
Fluffy Cupcake

I can't even run it WITH the disc!

Very few can.

Indeed. Lair and I are victims of this problem.

I don't mean to complain Cyrem, but didn't you just remove the links and lock a topic I made about LEGO Alpha Team (No-CD)? I believe this is quite the same thing when all is taken into consideration.

thetoolraider

I don't mean to complain Cyrem, but didn't you just remove the links and lock a topic I made about LEGO Alpha Team (No-CD)? I believe this is quite the same thing when all is taken into consideration.

Yeah, Mods do things like that all the time.

Yeah, Mods do things like that all the time.

Touche, but Cyrem isn't a mod.

There's a difference between cracking the game and copying a few folders from the CD (which you can do with resources that you own entirely, which is not the case with the crack, unless you make the crack yourself and only you use it). The former isn't terribly legal as far as I know, and since we already have taken quite enough liberties with modifying game files, it wouldn't hurt to be a little cautious ;)

There's a difference between cracking the game and copying a few folders from the CD (which you can do with resources that you own entirely, which is not the case with the crack, unless you make the crack yourself and only you use it). The former isn't terribly legal as far as I know, and since we already have taken quite enough liberties with modifying game files, it wouldn't hurt to be a little cautious ;)

Yes, I see. I'm not distributing files though it still requires that you own the CD to install. So basically any legalities fall unto the user.

I got IXS and Stunt Rally today. However, the IXS disc has parts of the reflective surface scratched, so the disc won't work. :rf:

How is this even similar?

It's similar because Sparky's patch will let you play the game without the CD, just like Cyrem's method will. The difference is that Sparky's patch edits the EXE. Like Baz said, legality is foggy here. Though I have to wonder how a crack would let you run the game without a CD if certain files are stored exclusively on the CD in the first place...

• 3 weeks later...

I actually tried this, and it just keeps giving me the message it gave bartbvl. Is it supposed to? And then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't even load the EXE file like it does when it crashes 100% of the time.

I can't even get it to run with a disc...

Granted, I haven't put that much effort into trying to fix it besides looking for that stupid patch that isn't available anywhere anymore except in the form of Trojan viruses. Crashes on start-up every time, compatibility modes don't seem to do crap. This game isn't really worth the effort imo...

This game isn't really worth the effort imo

But it is. It's easily one of the best LEGO games out there. I think.

Honestly, I haven't played it in years (I have a computer it works on, but it's so slow).

Ugh well maybe when I get moved into my new apartment I'll take another whack at it. Maybe I just have a faulty disk or something. I got it at a flea market for 5 bucks way back when but I never got it to work >.>

• 3 months later...

Okay, I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. Literally every time I try this, it ignores it and asks me to put in the CD. Does this only work with certain releases of it?

I'm trying to get IXS to run on my desktop, but it's so slow in the drive that it doesn't even register the CD, which is why I need to use the no CD trick. but noooooo it has to hate me.

• 5 months later...

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

OS release version and packs?

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.