ICD File

bartvbl

This is about the LEGORacers.icd file in the root folder of the game.

I think this is the lego racers.exe file meant for older versions of the microsoft windows operating system.

The first bytes of the file are "MZ", and searching on the web for that gave this:

http://www.fileformat.info/format/exe/corion-mz.htm

A bit of text saying "This game cannot be run in DOS mode" seems to confirm that.

JrMasterModelBuilder

In deed it is an EXE with an ICD extension. Changing the extensions to EXE will show you the wheel icon. Trying to run it though, doesn't seem to do anything. :(

Hmm...

I have "access" to a a Win95 OS HDD at school.

I'll put LRR on a Flash Drive and try to try it there.

Maybe. If I have time.

JrMasterModelBuilder

With all of the compatability settings on and at Win 95, it comes up, turns my screen black and changes the resolution, then, I asume, crashes. :P

No, open any EXE in hex you'll most likely find most start with 'MZ'. As I said in the other topic, I'm pretty sure that the game exe the you usually run checks for the disc then executes the ICD file. Why? because the original copy of RR has an exe around 300kb and the ICD is around 700kb. Now with my disc-less version of RR, my main exe is the exact same size of the ICD mentioned before, however the ICD with my version is 0kb.

Create an ISO, and mount it into a virtual drive. That can help

tried. didn't work :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SafeDisc

Probably this is why, which happens to explain the function of the game.icd file.

I tried it many times and failed. Ended up being the slug avi. I copied the rest of the stuff. Copied and renamed the bat AVI to fill in for the slug avi, then I was able to make an iso.

Oh, wait.... This is Lego Racers, and I'm talking about LRR xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.