Island Xtreme Stunts

bartvbl

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Sorry to bump this thread, but it looks like I'm wrong after all. After nearly a year of never having any trouble with saving, a file with 99% went corrupt. The only reason it had 99% was that I couldn't find the last few brickimals for the life of me. Anyway, I guess it's just a glitch that happens unpredictably. It can take one overwrite to happen, or it can take 9,001. Then again, I suppose I should just be happy the game still works, considering that new graphics card I got about a week back.

• 5 months later...

Guys this may sound like a joke but setting the installer to xp compatibility and the other files on the cd to 98 compatibllity and the files that the installer installs on to your computer to 98 compatibility will allow the game to work with the cd and I tested this on my vista computer and it works!

Guys this may sound like a joke but setting the installer to xp compatibility and the other files on the cd to 98 compatibllity and the files that the installer installs on to your computer to 98 compatibility will allow the game to work with the cd and I tested this on my vista computer and it works!

The question is, why would you want to run it with a disc when there's a way to run it discless without patching?

Fluffy Cupcake

The question is, why would you want to run it with a disc when there's a way to run it discless without patching?

Because the diskless version doesn't work for everyone (like bartvbl, and I), which brings up my unanswered question again: Was there a rerelease of the game that changed a few things? Because of that reason of some not being able to run discless, and also because I know some people have saving bugs and others don't. (I didn't actually get IXS in it's own case, but in some 'Kids collection' with other games.)

• 3 years later...
On 7/28/2012 at 9:15 PM, AcePilot90 said:

Am I the only person who could actually fully play this game with no problems as a kid?

And it was on an eMachines, too.

I had no issues running this game on xp whatsoever until the disc got scratched from being in a poorly-made disc tower, after that it wouldn't work period.

lol username

This guy says that he was able to recover a "broken save" by forcing vsync on - bizarre, but hey, every LEGO game made by Silicon Dreams has a variety of issues related to certain things being tied to framerate vs the actual passing of time. It's totally possible that having a high framerate lets something in the loading/saving process happen faster than it's supposed to, or out of order, and break things. The game worked great on my old XP laptop for quite a long time... Until one day a save file just randomly "corrupted". Now I'm wondering if it actually got corrupted, or if it was related to saving/loading while the framerate was too high...

Dazzgracefulmoon
6 minutes ago, Terrev said:

This guy says that he was able to recover a "broken save" by forcing vsync on - bizarre, but hey, every LEGO game made by Silicon Dreams has a variety of issues related to certain things being tied to framerate vs the actual passing of time. It's totally possible that having a high framerate lets something in the loading/saving process happen faster than it's supposed to, or out of order, and break things. The game worked great on my old XP laptop for quite a long time... Until one day a save file just randomly "corrupted". Now I'm wondering if it actually got corrupted, or if it was related to saving/loading while the framerate was too high...

going off that, I remember lowering your framerate in the PC version of LI2 would completely bork collisions and leave you with some silly shortcuts.

• 4 years later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

Well if the PC version really is that bad at running. I may just have to try running the PS2 version through emulation to see if I can get better results. I mean, I can't even install the game on my computer and I have tried using the correct compatibility settings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.