Island Xtreme Stunts

bartvbl

My copy wouldn't work on Windows 98, so it got thrown around the house (Mind you, I was only 6) and eventually snaped. Just Like my LegoRR disc (But thats a different story)

lol username

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION, I repeat, DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION. It has a major bug that ends up corrupting your saves within a few weeks! I haven't seen a single person that hasn't had this problem. If you're gonna get the game, get it for PS2 (That is, unless you like error messages and game crashes and deleted saves...)

TheEPICtrainrider

Well, we are Uber-1337 haxorz, we can fix the bug as long as it doesn't involve .Exe modding. And if it does...

The mod make Lego mad, and if we were to post

Instructions on RRU, RRU

Will get in trouble.

Be-fore we do anything, we should check the copyright stuff so we don't get screwed.

On top of that, RRU would get busted for 'illegal modifications' and will be shut down.

My name, along with Cyrem's, would get trashed. You know, we should post a topic on Lego's

Site about Game modding.

So... let's see what we can do eh?

lol username

As far as I know, there is no way to fix it - the whole save/load system is completely trashed, and sometimes it quits before you can even get to the first load screen. It's amazing they released the game considering the seriousness of the glitch.

Well, we are Uber-1337 haxorz, we can fix the bug as long as it doesn't involve .Exe modding. And if it does...

Instructions on RRU, RRU

Will get in trouble.

Be-fore we do anything, we should check the copyright stuff so we don't get screwed.

On top of that, RRU would get busted for 'illegal modifications' and will be shut down.

My name, along with Cyrem's, would get trashed. You know, we should post a topic on Lego's

Site about Game modding.

Which site? Or do you mean your blog?

Instructions on RRU, RRU

Will get in trouble.

Site about Game modding.

Exe modding won't fix it guaranteed.

JrMasterModelBuilder

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION, I repeat, DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION. It has a major bug that ends up corrupting your saves within a few weeks! I haven't seen a single person that hasn't had this problem. If you're gonna get the game, get it for PS2 (That is, unless you like error messages and game crashes and deleted saves...)

Really. Glad I didn't buy it then. That's pathetic! Even more so than how losing the airplane level in Island 2 greys it out from being playable (even after you've already won). It's so annoying, that if I loose, I have to revert to an older saved game. :(

Well, we are Uber-1337 haxorz, we can fix the bug as long as it doesn't involve .Exe modding.

Semi-off topic: What does "1337" mean? I've seen it before and it's been bothering me.

TheEPICtrainrider

Semi-off topic: What does "1337" mean? I've seen it before and it's been bothering me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Also: Rule #2 http://guidetononnoobishness.blogspot.com/

JrMasterModelBuilder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Also: Rule #2 http://guidetononnoobishness.blogspot.com/

LOL. Leet in leet!

I have had the game for quite some time on my old XP machine, and never lost a save.

And yes, I have been playing this game quote a lot.

I have no idea where you got this from, but it seems very unlikely to me.

lol username

I have had the game for quite some time on my old XP machine, and never lost a save.

And yes, I have been playing this game quote a lot.

I have no idea where you got this from, but it seems very unlikely to me.

Translation: "The game happens to work fine on my computer, therefore it must work the same way on all the other computers in the world. I haven't had the problem, so you must be making this up."

First, let me say that I got my disk about a year ago in new condition - it even had the shrink wrap still on. Not a scratch on the case at all. First, I tried to play it on a Vista desktop belonging to my nephew Erik. It crashed on the main menu, no matter what compatibility mode we used. I then tried it on 4 different XP computers. The result was the same on every one: Work fine for half a month, then crash completely. What is weird is that even a reinstall of the game would lead to the same problems right away. I started thinking my disk was faulty. Then, I found several people online who were having the same problems - Youtube user filecabinetwoesprod (now known as Godscarmachine) was working on a walkthrough, when his saves mysteriously stopped working. Several people on BZPower also had several game crashes and broken saves. I'm not making this up, see?

Fluffy Cupcake

Really? Well now you have seen someone without this problem, because I have played it a few times all the way to 100% and have never had this problem.

• 2 years later...
Mr. Eight-Three-One

Actually, this glitch only affects Encore's reissue. The original release is fine. I luckily have the original release.

Am I the only person who could actually fully play this game with no problems as a kid?

And it was on an eMachines, too.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Windows 98SE is the only OS known to play the game without problems. On some XP machines, it will. On others, you will need compatibility mode. It hasn't been known to work on Vista or 7 whatsoever.

I haven't played it for long periods of time, but it works on 7 for me.

I have a Focus release double pack with Stunt Rally.

Fluffy Cupcake

Am I the only person who could actually fully play this game with no problems as a kid?

Played it as a kid no problem, on Windows XP.

Windows 98SE is the only OS known to play the game without problems. On some XP machines, it will. On others, you will need compatibility mode. It hasn't been known to work on Vista or 7 whatsoever.

Works on my Windows 7, I believe you have to tun it diskless (extract cd, cdc folders to the games directory, and add some stuff to the properties of the .exe) I dunno, though, flawless for me.

Something like "-cd -cdc"

But you must get those folders from the disc.

I'm not sure if that's really it, as I'm not on my computer right now, I'll tell you the properties (or whatever) tomorrow.

I'm not sure if that's really it, as I'm not on my computer right now, I'll tell you the properties (or whatever) tomorrow.

I have my game running discless.

It was crashing when using the disc, but I assumed it's because my disc has a scratched reflective surface.

Copying the files to my hard drive seemed to work fine.

I have my game running discless.

It was crashing when using the disc, but I assumed it's because my disc has a scratched reflective surface.

Copying the files to my hard drive seemed to work fine.

You found it, yay.

I've had my disk since I was about 7. I got it at Toys R Us. So it obviously took quite a lot of beating through time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.