Lego Racers 2 EXE Parameters

Cyrem

[table]

Parameter

Parameter Affect

/options

An options window appears on game start.

/windowed

Starts the game in windowed mode. Works in 32bit!

/wireframe

Everything is now in wireframe.

/device

Unknown

/hz Unknown /bpp Unknown /height Unknown /width Unknown /windowx Unknown /windowy Unknown /backlevel Unknown /overdraw Unknown /track Unknown /foyer Unknown /levelname Unknown /nomusic No Game Music /savecontroldata Unknown /loadcontroldata Unknown /nosfx No Sound Effects /racers Range (1-8). Changes the number of racers. /startpos Changes your starting position. /explore Unknown /cars Unknown /lowqualitysound Unknown /highqualitysound Unknown

[/table]

Create a shortcut to the EXE and add a parameter to the end of the path after the end quote. I have only tested a few of them.

Fluffy Cupcake

Ah, I tried doing something similar, I tried - like on the RR shortcut instead of / . Anyway, thanks for the list.

I found out what explore does, I tried it on non adventure mode and it brought me to the place like it was exploration mode excluding golden bricks, people, and the bonus games tornadoes, though when I tried to quit the exploration but it kept restarting. Ah, stuck in exploration mode!

Edit: I tried it on multiplayer, 1st player starts in the normal exploration position 2nd player starts in the ground.

You forgot to add

/lowqualitysound

/highqualitysound

I know because they were right next to /backlevel

Yes I knew about them , however forgot to add them.

/windowx and /windowy should be fairly obvious, they control the width and height of the window, taking an argument.

/bpp is BitsPerPixel, so that can be controlled now (I.E: 32, 16, 8)

/levelname probably jumps you to a specific island/track, provided you know the name the engine uses for it...\

/hz...possibly the sound frequency for the music?

/width and /height same as /windowx and /windowy, they take an arguement and control the res in fullscreen, I think.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Cool! Oh please let one of these unlock RR car, the street cars, or other...

Which file did you find these in? Or did you just guess?

Fluffy Cupcake
Which file did you find these in? Or did you just guess?
Parameters are found in the exe of a game, in this case it is LEGO Racers 2.exe.

Fluffy Cupcake

Here is two more I found that isn't on the list

/script

/startpos

startpos sounds like it changes your start position, but now the question is, how do we make it work?

Wait, if I remember correctly exe editing is illegal.

I don't think it is actually. Distributing modded EXEs is, but I don't think just editing them is.

And besides, it's not editing but just looking at it.

Fluffy Cupcake

This is one of my unexpected results for /startpos

The video will probably look much better if you watch it directly on Youtube so here is the link.

\

Edit: No point of double posting, so edit.

I think it is quite obvious what /foyer does, it brings you to the foyer (the places where you choose a race) of the world that you select, and in arcade mode the warp to go to sandybay doesn't work.

Wait, if I remember correctly exe editing is illegal.

This isn't exe editing, it's starting the game with a command that the developer put in. Perfectly legal.

You can edit the exe, but don't distribute it.

Oh, I know what you're doing. In the start icon properties thingy there is a box that says something about these. I've edited this before to enable cheats in Medal of Honor, which is a completely moddable game. If I am correct, modding LR1 & LR2 should be possible if someone could find a command that will bring up a console. The usual key is ~ but it could be anywhere in the F1-F12 keys.

Oh, I know what you're doing. In the start icon properties thingy there is a box that says something about these. I've edited this before to enable cheats in Medal of Honor, which is a completely moddable game. If I am correct, modding LR1 & LR2 should be possible if someone could find a command that will bring up a console. The usual key is ~ but it could be anywhere in the F1-F12 keys.

A console will only exist if either a) they intended people to use it or b) they were dumb enough to leave it in.

It's used in debugging the game and if you were to find the correct code (debug?) maybe it would work.

Keep in mind that every game is different and all developers make there own debug consoles for their games(what works in one game definitely won't work in another). When a game is finished, these debug consoles are usually completely removed from the game unless they intend the public to use it. Back in 2000 there were very little game developers that actually thought about "modding".

Okay, but was Rock Raiders intended to be modded also? If so, why did they put it in Wad. format s people can't get to it. In the config there are littler hints to show what the lines do.

Okay, but was Rock Raiders intended to be modded also? If so, why did they put it in Wad. format s people can't get to it. In the config there are littler hints to show what the lines do.

Even though they made it that way, it doesn't mean they intended for it to be modded. They would have used popular easy to read formats at that time to make developing easier. They just never bothered to compress or encrypt it (Thank goodness for that!).

Hmmm...then what explains the tiny hints in the config?

Yeah, it's developer to developer notes for each other.

Okay, but couldn't they email each other or have a note attached or a sample config that explains what it does?

(there's a rumor going around that you are a Rock Raiders developer)

Okay, but couldn't they email each other or have a note attached or a sample config that explains what it does?

(there's a rumor going around that you are a Rock Raiders developer)

Since they'll use a project management system it's the best method for making sure each other knows what parts do. Code commenting is done everywhere, I do it myself so I don't forget stuff.

That's a great rumor! I only wish it were true. Sadly at the time of RR development I would have been 9/10yrs old.

JrMasterModelBuilder

If these parameters needed extra info attached (i.e. "/cars rock racer"), how would that be typed? Any examples?

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.