• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• legodude

• Anonymouse

• Acmex

• TheDoctor

Another update, added more bricks (some new ones) and the engine block (little hinge thingy took me an hour to create xD)

Click "show" to view the pictures

32366006.jpg

20621294.jpg

If the above don't work, view the pictures on my gallery:

You sir, win the internet.

If it were my place, I would declare you the best (lego)modeler here, but its not.

(No offense cirevam, but all you do is edit the .lws's that only you and RM can open :P)

On the subject of brick measurements:

There are Uber precise laser-measurer thingies that woodworkers and architects use sometimes, and they aren't too expensive anymore.

Also, once Addict gets the engine (properly) working, and he decides to implement 3d viewpoint, maybe you could export/render/create models for ORR?

(No offense cirevam, but all you do is edit the .lws's that only you and RM can open :P)

1) I'm not offended that another modeler is doing great things. This Chrome Crusher is great, there is no doubting that.

2) Foreststrike and Cyrem can open LWS files as well don't you know.

3) I do more than edit animation files you twit. Have you not seen my 3D modeling topic? My problem is getting them to be textured in LRR, so that's why I don't make anything for LRR yet. I do have some ideas, but it will take a bunch of testing.

Ahaha! I spoke quite specifically about the .lws's, not of your (quite good) other modeling work. If they were in .lws format for no particular reason that I plead ignorance.

Also, did not know that Foreststrike and Cyrem could open them either.

It's not a fair to say my modelling work is better when he's using plain programming syntax to edit models and I'm using one of the most advanced 3D design software in the world. Then again I'm just modelling I'm not trying to compete or anything, I have more than 3 projects running on modelling two of which or not related to LEGO in any way.

It's not a fair to say my modelling work is better when he's using plain programming syntax to edit models and I'm using one of the most advanced 3D design software in the world.

I love how people can sound so conceited when they're not trying to be. First of all, what the heck is plain programming syntax? I'm not writing code to push data directly into the GPU if that's what you mean. That's hardcore down & dirty programming which is really tough and requires a lot of skill. I do almost all of my modeling with Milkshape as that's what I've been using for the past five years. Second, I have 3ds Max 9 and I sorta know how to use it (about as much as I know how to use Maya, which is really basic since I haven't used it much at all) so claiming that you're using advanced technology and such is a moot point because I have a similar program that I can learn. Do you have more experience with modeling overall? That I don't know, but you could. Maybe you should show us these projects which don't involve making a bunch of cuboids and cylinders before you start claiming that you're so advanced and I'm so lowly, if that is what you're claiming. It could be a big misunderstanding on my part.

But honestly. I'd like to see them. At least prove that you're better before you act like you're better, if that is the case here. As long as there is empirical evidence I have little problem accepting an argument.

You completely misunderstood my post, my intention was to say that your work could not be compared to mine because you were editting syntax in model files (which you are not now that you've said it, but I thought it was that way, my mistake). I was not saying anything about me being better, infact I mentioned that even if that other guy thought so I wouldn't care because I just love to model and it's not a competition for me and personally I think the only difference if someone was better is that he has more experience. I'm actually quite new to modelling, I did level design for

7 years but due to circumstances I also had to learn modelling/animation/texturing. I never say that I'm better than someone else, that is arrogant and pointless.

So seriously, calm down, what you claim I said was absolutely not what I meant. My English might not always be good because it's not my native language.

Now... I have another update:

Click "show" the view the image:

chromecr.jpg

Gallery:

You completely misunderstood my post, my intention was to say that your work could not be compared to mine because you were editting syntax in model files (which you are not now that you've said it, but I thought it was that way, my mistake).

I'm not so much offended (really couldn't care less what with sleep deprivation and stuff) as just appalled as what made you think I edit model syntax at the base level at all. It's like one of those situations where you see something outlandish that you can't help but scream out in utter disbelief that there's no way that's happening, but it is. But yeah, this is just a misunderstanding. Maybe modeling via programming syntax is actually something really cool and I'm making a fool out of myself for not knowing what it is exactly, in which case I would be making a double misunderstandment.

Man I'm so tired I can barely think straight. Misunderstandment is a word, right? My browser is saying it's spelled wrong.

I think you mean misunderstatement.

Wait, thats not a word. Mis-understatement, then.

On the models: If the entire game could have been rendered like that (with the extra hidden polies deleted, OFC) the game might have survived longer.

Again, some nice work! But I agree with Cirevam - I, too, would like to see some "real" models that aren't just cuboids and deformed cylinders. ;)

The LEGO bricks are actually much harder to create than a normal subdivided model because everything has to have the correct sizes and topology in order to work properly.

But if you insist, here is a model I recently started on, it's nothing special I just watched the Terminator 2 again and I wanted to create a minigun. :P

minigun2.jpg

backspo.jpg

And an older model I made:

1265668536-920.jpg

1265692591-90.jpg

Well it would probably please you guys then to say that I have learned all this in less than half a year, if I can do it so can you - all I suggest is you watch hundreds of video starters to get to know your software then start working long hours and just build stuff it doesn't even have to be anything specific just start modelling something. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, but I have no way of actually PURCHASING any version of AutoCAD (Or any commercial modeling program, for that matter)

The best I can do is mess with Blender and Google SketchUP (Which I'm fairly good at) when it comes out for Linux.

Still, hopefully I can find a course in HS/College that gets me a discount.

And good work on this so far :)

I'm using Autodesk 3ds Max, you can get a trial version for free. There's also one for educational purposes with a massive discount.

Small update, some bricks added and made new bricks (yellow cage holders and the light green transparant lights)

Update, as you can see I'm going to do the hardest parts last (metal chain on the back, the turret gun, the cage roof in the front, the radar dish, the four wheels and the tubes on the side)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.