I'm back . . .

sheepandshepherd

sheepandshepherd

I doubt (m)any of you remember me, but I hung around here last summer for a while before this final year of AP English forced me to drop about half of the things I did after school. Sorry for the abandonment -- unfortunately I hadn't gotten very involved in RR modding, so I gave it up when I started running out of time. The stress is finally over, though, and now that I'm quite sick of Tiberium Wars, I think I'll pick up my RR project again. I admit, I've really had to relearn how to mod Rock Raiders since I've been away for so long, but hopefully I'll get it all figured out again as soon as possible.

Don't think I ever talked much about that project before, so here's the basic idea:

A small Rock Raider research team is abandoned by the hasty departure of the LMS Explorer, and they're left to fend for themselves in one of the deepest caverns on Planet U. After a series of brutal and mysterious Rock Monster attacks, lava floods the team's base, putting them on the run with no food, water, or equipment. The Rock Raiders' struggle for survival will focus mostly on the dangers and horror of being trapped alone miles underground and on the murderous secrets hidden by the caverns, the darkness, and even your own team. I'm really hoping I can introduce at least one unique Rock Raider unit with some interesting abilities of his own. That might be a bit too ambitious, though . . . cross your fingers :P

Also, I'll definitely include a new set of buildings, at least one new tileset, and a horde of new enemies to keep your Rock Raiders occupied. I imagine the survival tactics will be quite fun -- you get no reinforcements other than the battered remnants you may come across, and if your RRs get injured, they'll be out for the rest of the mission. Your tech tree will also be quite limited in the beginning, but you'll be surprised what you might find later in the game :P

Progress: Level 1 is almost completely mapped out. Missing right now are the final Erode map (I have to use Map Tool for multiple erosion speeds), the Object List, the tedious and annoying Heightmap, and of course the scripting (which might take quite a while). This so far has taken about two days, though I suspect the rest will take even longer. I may post a demo when it's closer to finished.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back, and I'll do whatever I can to contribute to the community.

Addictgamer

Hello.

Cool.

That is how planet starts :0

Did you get inspired by the the post I made with this info? :D

If so, great to know I inspired a cool overhaul mod :D

Oh, and I do remember you.

I think.

I've seen you online once.

sheepandshepherd

@addict: Planet sounds pretty interesting, I think remember it now. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's ideas . . . actually, my original plan was more about a damaged teleporter than about the LMS Explorer leaving, but that sounded a bit lame :S Then again, I'm thinking about going back to that, since I don't really have any final ending planned out. How's Planet going, anyway?

@Lair of Rockwhales: Sorry . . . thought you were a Rock Monster for a second there. Vision's getting blurry in the dark :P

Time for me to get to work on lava flows! If I somehow miraculously get 3D terrain objects into Lego Rock Raiders, I'll be sure to let you guys know (though I need to figure out texturing in Blender -- never understood that very well.)

Addictgamer

@addict: Planet sounds pretty interesting, I think remember it now. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's ideas . . . actually, my original plan was more about a damaged teleporter than about the LMS Explorer leaving, but that sounded a bit lame :S Then again, I'm thinking about going back to that, since I don't really have any final ending planned out. How's Planet going, anyway?

Actually I paused it until I finish ORR.

Anyway, feel free to use the idea. As far as I know, ideas aren't copyrighted :P

Retsnom Kcor

@Lair of Rockwhales: Sorry . . . thought you were a Rock Monster for a second there. Vision's getting blurry in the dark :P

And what exactly might you have against Rock Monsters? I used to be one you know. We're actually quite friendly. Just a little territorial.

Anyway, welcome back! I remember you (or at least seeing your name).

Retsnom

Hey sheepandshepherd, I remember you. Welcome back!

Hi i dont think i know who you are but welcome anyway xD:D

Woah! where did you come from. Escape the evil clutches of Denmark did we?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.