Addictgamer

Addictgamer

Old ad for Lego Rock Raiders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370294691430&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=3cacb6711270a0aad3f41bf4ff01f46a&itemid=370294691430&ff4=263602_263622#ht_500wt_1182

Image 1:

Spoiler

lego-rock-raiders.328295.jpg

Image 2: (only could get an icon of this one)

Spoiler

Lego_Rock_Riders-cdcovers_cc-back.jpg&ke

Image 3:

Spoiler

FotoLEGORockRaiders.jpg

Image 4: (This may be from a set, or some design thing. I believe it is a design thing. Looks like some old cover because of the black on the left side.)

Spoiler

4124817.1170644058.jpg

Image 5:

Spoiler

ProtoRockRaiders.png

This is an enlargement of that image. What do you notice?

Spoiler

gallery_3_4_1222930.png

Here I point out some things of interest in a VERY LARGE enlargement.

Spoiler

Here I point out even more stuff. Mainly on vehicles, specifically the crawler. (Please ignore my typos, I was tired when I made it. And tired right at this moment...)

Spoiler

gallery_3_4_141830.jpg

Image 6: (this is some old cover art)

Spoiler

p11_rock_raiders.jpg

Image 7: (What the!? Bad image coloring or an alpha image?)

Spoiler

Rock-Raiders-untextured.png

image 8: (unknown comic? cancelled comic? May be on the back of an instruction booklet of a set.)

Spoiler

rockraiders.png

Notice the similarity with the slug and the lava flow and the small digger fallout out of a cave and those two rr's being rescued by a tunnel transport cut-scene?

Image 9: (The site said it has something to do with an rr comic)

Spoiler

OL9716278M-M.jpg

Yes, I know some have been posted already.

I am just grouping them together in one topic.

If anyone else has similar things, please submit it.

Interesting stuff.

Image 1: (included cause it's in spanish?)

Spoiler

0105bcd3.jpg

Edited by Slimy Slug

TheEPICtrainrider

#8 was probably in the back of a instruction booklet. You know. "other stuff you can make after the original model falls onto the floor and smashes into a million pieces".

I have the book in picture #9. And the other 2.

I also have a LRR add that came with some set that shows all RRs looking like Jet. I'll upload it sometime.

And all the interface from those images is still there BTW.

Addictgamer

Updated the first post slightly.

Still waiting to upload the very enlarged image...Hope it doesn't time out.

EDIT: Ya...It timed out.

I'll just upload it as a file, and let everyone who wants to view it download it.

Addictgamer

I prefer the color theme that they used in the old vehicle designs...If they added some green too that is...

Otherwise, same here Cyrem.

It is highly likely that it is a mobile hq.

From what I can see, it is collecting ore in the picture.

Not sure if you noticed, but...Nvm, I'll just upload it and point out what I want to show.

Wait, I'll type it here first.

Do you see that thing on top of that crawler where the ore is? If you look carefully, it seems to be some kind of conveyor belt that the ore is rolling down, as if it is going to be processed in that other crawler that is attached to the bigger one.

In fact, that is probably what it was for.

This whole crawler thing may even have had the ability to clear rubble.

Hmm, #8 seems to be in the MIDDLE of an instruction book (OK, a page spread), because of the strange seam down the middle and the sort of curve the graphic has.

I love the look of the crawler vehicle and the extra large chrome crusher. Would have been pretty cool to have a moving mobile ore refinery. Thanks for uploading these.

Addictgamer

you mean all RRs look like :jet:? wierd

No, only in game they do.

All the devs needed to do was to create an array of textures and a random number function.

With these, they would be able to randomly choose the texture of the Rock Raider when it was teleported down.

It would make the game more interesting, even though this is such a simple modification.

Those would have been great.

I actually just grabbed images I found around the forums and off the internet.

Of course, I edited some of them to point out things, and uploaded them then...But...That's something else.

TheEPICtrainrider

The lightbuld confirms my theory. Lego used to put these things at the end of the instruction booklet. They were so kids had something to do when they THREW IT ON THE GROUND!

• 1 month later...
Addictgamer

ProtoRockRaiders.png

I want to model the "rock scorpion". You can see 2 of them in th epic. One in that cave in the background, and the other is attacking the cool chrome crusher.

What do you guys think?

I think that if we got these sets, and we looked at the concept drawings of what they released, then we would think that the sets that were actually released (but seemed to be concept drawings to us) would be the cool ones.

• 7 months later...

Lol at #8. That's just awesome LEGO(kid) logic. Maybe something like that can be added to ORR?

Vehicles require various amounts of different materials. If a large vehicle (say the chrome crusher for e.g.) crashes, it disassembles (rather than being destroyed, takes different conditions for a vehicle to be destroyed) and RR's can reassemble the scattered pieces into either the same vehicle or into 2 or more smaller vehicles.

*looks at picture 7*

*widens eyes*

I see what they did there. Look at the small transport truck. It's wheels are gone. Actually no. The wheels ARE there, but they're those triangles. Thats what the wheels look like without the texture applied.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.