Running Lego Racers 1 On Win7

Cyrem

Hey, hey, you were right. Although it didn't fix my problem it did do something.

w12qs6.png

Top message: Happens when I try to run the game

Second message: Happens when I try to run the game after deleting dsound.dll

Third message: Happens after second message

I'm guessing that if I continue to mess around deleting one .dll at a time until something changes I would just get a different kernel32.dll error message.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JrMasterModelBuilder

• GoobyPls

• le717

• Anonymouse

JrMasterModelBuilder

Hey, hey, you were right. Although it didn't fix my problem it did do something.

w12qs6.png

Top message: Happens when I try to run the game

Second message: Happens when I try to run the game after deleting dsound.dll

Third message: Happens after second message

I'm guessing that if I continue to mess around deleting one .dll at a time until something changes I would just get a different kernel32.dll error message.

The first error about the Gol DLL is from the game. It says that it can't find the GolDP.dll file that comes with the game. The rest, I don't know.

The first error about the Gol DLL is from the game. It says that it can't find the GolDP.dll file that comes with the game. The rest, I don't know.

Yeah, it's a bit strange because the GolDP.dll file is still there, all I did was paste all the directx.dll files into the same folder as it. It's like the .dll files are changing where the .exe goes for it's content.

I got it!

Something was wrong with my Intel drivers for the 3d graphics so I uninstalled them and found some other ones on their site released about a year after my previous ones. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone else has the same problem; once again thanks for all the assistance.

I got it!

Something was wrong with my Intel drivers for the 3d graphics so I uninstalled them and found some other ones on their site released about a year after my previous ones. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone else has the same problem; once again thanks for all the assistance.

Yea! I kinda thought it was the drivers, but your DxDiag dump showed a version newer than the one the Dell site, so I didn't look at it anymore.

So, I gather you deleted all the dll files expect for GolDP.dll? Because if it works now, you won't need those. ;)

lol username

Straight up LEGO Racers will not work on Windows 7.

It does for me, both 1999 and 2001. They work nearly perfectly for me on my Windows 7 desktop, without me making a single settings change. A little lag (usually around 50 FPS instead of the 60 I get on my XP laptop), but I'm pretty sure that's related to my hardware and not OS going by how this computer reacts to other games.

I got it!

Yea! I kinda thought it was the drivers, but your DxDiag dump showed a version newer than the one the Dell site, so I didn't look at it anymore.

So, I gather you deleted all the dll files expect for GolDP.dll? Because if it works now, you won't need those. ;)

I just copied everything over into a new folder when I was doing that so I would have a backup; the game is quite small so multiple copies don't add up to much at all.

It does for me, both 1999 and 2001.

Same here. My Win7 laptop runs just about any LEGO game that doesn't have explicit problems like IXS (that's the only one I have that doesn't run). It's almost definitely a hardware issue if Cyrem can't get either version to run.

It does for me, both 1999 and 2001.

Same here. My Win7 laptop runs just about any LEGO game that doesn't have explicit problems like IXS (that's the only one I have that doesn't run). It's almost definitely a hardware issue if Cyrem can't get either version to run.

Same as both of you. Win7 runs all the game I own. It's kinda hard getting them on the PC (I know why, and how to bypass it), but they run. I can't get the 1999 version to run on Vista, but that's not 7. It must be some hardware issue of Cyrem's.

• 2 weeks later...

At my computer Racers 1 still works fine and I didn't do (uh is that right?) any things...

It just worked.. :)

lol

It usually runs perfect on Windows 7. A few computers seem to have trouble, though.

• 1 month later...
Minifig9292

I installed it and it worked perfectly with no issues.

By install I mean pirated since I already own it on my Nintendo64 it's legal to do so.

By install I mean pirated since I already own it on my Nintendo64 it's legal to do so.

I don't think it works that way...

Admittedly, I have downloaded the PS1 version and burnt it to a CD to play on my modchipped PS1.

Was it the N64 version you obtained, or Windows?

Here we go with the piracy crap again...

Regarding earlier statements, I find it a tad interesting that 10 year old LEGO games will run fine on 7, but games like Assassin's Creed 1 and BioShock 2 which are newer and more optimized for the OS have significant, unsolved issues that stop them from loading up...LEGO Magic is strong...

• 2 months later...

I am wondering whether or not the DirectX version has something to do with running the game smoother than it does with newest DirectX version.

I doubt it highly. Pretty sure they use the specific DirectX .dll they were built with, so installing the older or newer version doesn't matter.

Someone correct me, but am I right in saying that the newer version doesn't even install the correct .dll for the older LEGO games? Pretty sure it only comes with version 7 and previous.

• 5 months later...
OrangebanannaX

My computer is weird: Although Lego Racers is a Windows 95/98 game, it will only run properly on the compatibility mode for Windows XP. Try this if Window 95/98 compatibility isn't working.

• 6 years later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

It works as long as I don't turn on compatibility settings. Otherwise it won't run. But the other settings along with the black squares fix and I'm now good to go!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.